Video Audition Tips
After you Register, you will be e-mailed the complete list of tips and reminders for your video audition.
Here are some of the key points:
- Relax and have fun! We can’t wait to hear you.
- Your audition must be video-recorded. You will upload your audition to YouTube, Vimeo, or another streaming platform.
- You can use your smartphone! No need to use fancy recording equipment. Judges will assess the merits of your performance, not the quality of your submitted video.
- Test your video and sound. Do you sound clear and without distortion? Try adjusting how far you are from the microphone and test again.
- Check the light in the room. Placing lights in front of you works best!
- Keep your camera at a steady angle throughout your performance.
- Record your performance in one continuous take. Think you can do better? Re-record!
- Need accompaniment? You can use live or pre-recorded.
- Have a video recording of your chosen piece recorded on or after November 1, 2020? You can use it!
- No visual effects or editing that would distract from your performance, please.
- You’ll need to memorize your chosen repertoire and stick to the time limits as follows:
- Category 1: 10 minutes or fewer
- Category 2: 15 minutes or fewer
- Category 3: 20 minutes or fewer
- Category 4: 20 minutes or fewer
- Have a question we didn’t answer here? Click here to send us a message!